The Portland School Board has approved the following vision and mission statements and core principles:
All learners will be fully prepared and succeed in a diverse and ever-changing world.
The Portland Public Schools are responsible for ensuring a challenging, relevant, and joyful education that empowers every learner to make a difference in the world. We build relationships among families, educators, and the community to promote the healthy development and academic achievement of every learner.
- Goal 1 – All Portland Public School students will graduate from high school.
- Goal 2 – All Portland Public School graduates will demonstrate college readiness in the areas of academics communication, and critical thinking.
- Goal 3 – All Portland Public Schools students will participate in activities that demonstrate service to our community, individual creativity, and physical wellness.
- We support an organization that strives for continuous improvement and transparency, with agreed upon goals and evidence of progress.
- We support an organization where leadership at all levels supports student learning, financial, and operational priorities.
- We support an organization that demonstrates fiscal responsibility and effective long-term financial planning.
- We support an organization that provides our learners with equitable and appropriate facilities.
- We support an organization that celebrates and partners with the diverse culture of our community.
- We support an organization that has an investment in staff recognizing that this connects to student learning.
- We support an organization that is vested in our Adult Learners.
- We support an organization that recognizes the importance of the arts, athletics, co-curricular, and extra-curricular opportunities in our learners’ growth.
- We support an organization that utilizes technology to provide instructional opportunities for all of our learners.