Section: Fiscal Management
Title: Purchasing Code of Conduct
Adopted: April 9, 2012
Last Revised: October 18, 2016
Purchasing Code of Conduct
- No employee or agent of the Portland School Department shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract between the School Department and other person or firm if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. An “agent” is any person or firm retained by the School Department who participates in the selection, award or administration of a contract.
- A conflict exists when the employee or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any such persons, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- Any employee or agent who becomes aware of a potential conflict of interest must notify his/her supervisor of the conflict.
- The employees and contractors of the School Department shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to subagreements. Exceptions may be made by the employee’s or agent’s supervisor when the financial interest is not substantial or the gift is an unsolicited item of nominal value.
- Employees violating this rule shall be subject to discipline up to dismissal. Agents violating this rule shall be subject to termination of contract.
Reference: 34 C.F.R. § 80.36
Reviewed: Policy Committee October 18, 2016
BoardDocs is intended for the use of subscribers and licensed customers. All users are required to read and follow the acceptable use policy.