Section: Support Services
Title: Authorized Use of Vehicles
Adopted: February 6, 1984
Last Revised: November 16, 2021
Prior Revised Dates: August 26, 1992
AUTHORIZED USE OF VEHICLES
- Portland Public Schools-owned vehicles shall be operated only by those employees who hold applicable currently valid Maine motor vehicle operator’s licenses and have been approved under the procedures articulated in EEBR.
- No district-owned vehicle may be utilized for any personal business.
- All vehicles shall be utilized only in the performance of school or other municipal business; vehicles shall be driven only in the most direct route for the purpose of travel.
- All vehicles shall be parked on district property during nonworking hours unless specific permission is granted by the Superintendent/designee to do otherwise.
- Violations will result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Suspension from job without pay and benefits for an extended period of time;
- Termination of employment; and
Required restitution of losses or damages incurred as a result of the employee’s operation of a motor vehicle in violation of this policy.