Title: Graduation Requirements Criteria For Senior Capstones
Adopted: May 31, 2016
Criteria for Senior Capstones
- A capstone project for a graduate of Portland Public Schools challenges students to
demonstrate and reflect upon each of the following Guiding Principles:
- A clear and effective communicator
- A self-directed and life-long learner
- A creative and analytical problem solver
- A responsible and involved citizen
- An integrative and informed thinker
- A capstone project provides students with significant student choice, independence,
and responsibility, inspiring them to achieve their personal best.
- A capstone project requires students to present their learning to an authentic
audience. This audience should include people with an interest in or knowledge of
the topic, and be wider than a typical classroom audience.
- A capstone project requires students to engage in deep and meaningful research that
answers an essential question, integrating technology when appropriate.
IKF-R2 Criteria for Senior Capstones.pdf (8 KB)
BoardDocs is intended for the use of subscribers and licensed customers. All users are required to read and follow the acceptable use policy.