Title: Educational Options Policy
Adopted: September 21, 2005
EDUCATIONAL OPTIONS POLICY
The Portland Public Schools acts on its belief that students learn in a variety of ways. The district will continue to promote creative and flexible learning environments that value each student’s unique abilities, learning styles, interests and talents. This policy is designed to serve as a catalyst to foster and sustain educational options to meet the needs of students, families, and staff.
It is our intention to:
- Acknowledge the value of neighborhood schools.
- Recognize individual learning differences so that student needs can be met.
- Support schools and staff as they develop and sustain cultures that promote a variety of learning options to meet the needs of students.
- Offer choices for parents and students among a range of educational options within and among schools.
- Inform parents, community members and other stakeholders regarding available educational options.
- Eliminate barriers that prevent equitable access to educational options within and among schools.
- Examine the impact of this policy on school demographics.
BoardDocs is intended for the use of subscribers and licensed customers. All users are required to read and follow the acceptable use policy.