• Phone :
    • (207) 874-8100
    • Address :
    • 353 Cumberland AvePortland, Maine 04101
    • Connect with us:

PPS Continues SuperSnacks Program

this is content
PPS Continues SuperSnacks Program
Posted on 02/12/2020
This is the image for the news article titled PPS Continues SuperSnacks Program

The Portland Public Schools announces its continued participation in the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program for its federally assisted afterschool snack program.

The program offers students, as part of an afterschool program in qualifying schools, an afterschool snack that we call SuperSnack. The district’s Food Service Department currently work with the city of Portland’s Recreation Division’s Afterschool Program and the LearningWorks program in the following schools: East End, Ocean, Presumpscot, Reiche, Riverton, and Rowe elementary schools, as well as the Make it Happen Program at Deering High School.

The 2019-2020 school year marks the second year that the district has participated in the program.

SuperSnacks consist of all five components of the meal program. The healthy snacks are packaged at Central Kitchen for easy distribution to our partner organizations.

SuperSnacks are available at no separate charge to students who participate in the afterschool programs listed above without regard to race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.

For further information, please contact Jane McLucas, Food Service Director, 207-874-8231 or email at [email protected]

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.