Skip To Main Content

Close trigger menu ( Don't delete )

Find It Fast

Main Navigation

Schools Nav

Mobile Utility

Mobile Translate

Header Holder

Header Right

Schools Navs

Header Utility


Search Container

Mobile Menu Trigger ( don't delete )

Landing Nav


Kindergarten Registration

The Portland Public Schools kindergarten enrollment application can now be completed online. Using the new Online Enrollment Application process, parents/guardians can provide their child's information electronically, and save time and paperwork. If your child has been attending one of the Portland Public Schools' Pre-K programs this past school year, you will not need to re-enroll. Your child will be entered into kindergarten at your neighborhood school.

Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year began February 27, 2023 and will close March 17th, 2023.

Register Online for the 2023-2024 School Year

Please visit our Online Registration Portal if you would like to apply for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year or the current 2022-2023 school year:

kindergarten Online Registration Portal

If your child is currently enrolled in the Portland Public Schools in one of our pre-kindergarten (4-year-old) classrooms, it is not necessary for you to re-enroll your child in kindergarten. Your child's enrollment will automatically "roll up" to your neighborhood kindergarten elementary school, according to your primary home address.

School Finder:

Locate your neighborhood school:

Click Here

Documents Needed for Enrollment:

After completing the initial online application, you will need to bring the following documents to your neighborhood school to complete the enrollment process. (For students whose families speak a language other than or in addition to English, please bring the documents to the Multilingual Family Welcome Center at Central Office instead.)

  • Original proof of birth document (this document will be reviewed but not kept)
  • Immunization records
  • Proof of residency in Portland (This can be a utility bill, such as an electricity bill, or a cable or internet bill, or lease agreement/title of primary residence)
  • Language use survey (found in the linked flyers below)