Portland Public Schools is committed to closing the opportunity gap for all students by keeping equity at the center of all we do. Our diverse, multicultural, multiracial, multi-linguistic community celebrates and cultivates relationships among students and staff of all backgrounds.
Our schools serve over 6,000 students from from four year olds to adults, with approximately 60 languages spoken in our 17 schools.
As a Portland Public Schools Employee You Can Look Forward to:
- Competitive compensation including robust health and dental benefits
- Collaboration with staff from diverse backgrounds
- Continuing professional development & teacher salary scale tied to professional learning
- Opportunities for career advancement and leadership development
- Meaningful mentoring, coaching, and professional development
- Affinity groups for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and LGBTQ+ staff
Join our dynamic team of education professionals
Portland Public Schools is committed to attracting, supporting and retaining talented and diverse people who use their strengths to achieve our shared goals. Watch our video to learn more about working for Portland Public Schools, and life in Maine!