Directions for Students Applying for Work Permits
- The student must be under the age of 16 and older than 14 unless working in agriculture or as an actor or model.
- Please bring Proof of age, (Passport, Birth Certificate, IC information with photo)
- The student must be enrolled in school; not habitually truant; not under suspension ; and passing a majority of courses during the current grading period.
- The student must have the “promise of a job” from employer.
- Apply for the permit at the Superintendent’s Office and bring the items listed below.
- The work permit is valid only for the employer and positions listed on the permit as issued by the Department Of Labor.
The following forms will need to be provided to the Superintendent’s Office at 353 Cumberland Avenue between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m:
- Maine State Work Permit Form
- Show documentation that provides student’s date of birth;
- Work Permit Authorization Form signed by the Guidance Office (not needed if school is closed for summer vacation); and
- Parent signature on work permit
PLEASE NOTE: If the student already has a work permit assigned and is changing jobs, the previous work permit must be surrendered when applying for a new permit.