The Portland Public Schools Technology Department aims to provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the District’s mission as it applies to management, teaching, learning, and community support.
To meet this mission we will partner with schools and other district departments to:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all students and staff.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the district through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the District’s enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, and administrative functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the district .
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
The Portland Public Schools Data Team currently falls under the Technology Department.