ADP Workforce Now
The Portland Public Schools is partnering with ADP to introduce new pay and time software for all our employees to replace Employee Self Service (ESS) as of January 1, 2024. We’re introducing ADP Workforce Now, an easy-to-use, self-service way to manage all things HR through the ADP online portal, so that employees can quickly and easily:
- See your pay statements.
- View and/or adjust tax documentation.
- Update personal information.
- Enroll in direct deposit.
- Request and submit time off and see your time off balance.
- Sign up for benefits during annual enrollment.
- Declare a life event (i.e., birth or adoption of a child, marriage, etc.
In addition, hourly employees will have their choice of three convenient ways to record their time – through a web portal, a mobile app or with a physical time clock. Please note we are not able to offer tech support for the mobile app.
Staff will be able to:
- Approve the accuracy of timecards and breaks on a daily or pay-period basis and the system will allow employees to provide a reason for missing time, improving data integrity.
- Easily view information and perform common HR-related tasks.
- Access time-off status on personal calendars.
Managers will be able to:
- Manage schedules, timecards, time-off requests, PTO balances, unplanned absences and leave cases from the portal or mobile device.
- See who needs a break, clocked in late, is approaching overtime, is available to work late and more from the portal or mobile device, so managers can have timely and informed conversations on the spot.
- Expedite time-off request approvals by letting the system check accrual balances and coverage requirements and produce a recommended set of actions so that managers can act on it in a timely manner.
- Use data-driven insights to make better decisions and set targets for performance data so that managers can quickly spot issues and take action.
- Print and email reports directly from the analytics dashboard tiles.
HR / Payroll Teams will be able to:
- Accommodate complex pay rules and automate time-consuming calculations such as historical edits, union-related, multiple jobs and rates, overtime equalization and more.
- Collect time first hand via web-based timesheets to prevent payroll inflation, buddy-punching and manually re-keying hours.
- Monitor hours to help ensure staff are properly classified, spot timecard exceptions that need immediate attention and leverage notifications for a faster, easier timecard approval process.
FAQs & Instructions
Please visit our comprehensive FAQs and Instructions page for frequently asked questions and to access training videos/instructions.
Please fill out a HelpDesk ticket and choose the “Payroll Questions/Concerns” from the request type dropdown menu. This will direct your ticket to the Payroll and HR team members responsible for managing your question or concern.