Skip To Main Content

Close trigger menu ( Don't delete )

Find It Fast

Main Navigation

Schools Nav

Mobile Utility

Mobile Translate

Header Holder

Header Right

Schools Navs

Header Utility


Search Container

Mobile Menu Trigger ( don't delete )


Support Services

There are several ways to access support, including school-specific liaisons, the district’s Student Equity Officer (Title IX Coordinator), and outside resources. 

School Specific Resources for Students

How can your school support staff help you?
  • A chance to talk with a trusted adult about what happened, how you're feeling, and what accommodations you may need in the classroom
  • Information and resources to guide you through whatever next steps you may choose
  • Referrals for longer term support where you live (mental health, legal, police, emergency shelter)

*All abuse done to a person under 18 will be reported to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), as required by law. The Portland Public Schools will not force a student to make a report. While parents may be notified and involved in the process, students can request anonymity upon disclosure.

Student Equity Officer and Title IX Coordinator

Provides safe, confidential, online and in-person reporting services to any student who has witnessed or experienced an incident of discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment of any kind involving students and/or employees of the Portland Public Schools. 


Staff Support

Administrators can provide safe and confidential support. They may offer a restorative justice mediator to assist those involved in a situation where harm has been done to work together to agree on a safety plan. Accommodations can be made to prevent conflicting parties from interacting at school and at school events. They may also investigate allegations of harm and determine appropriate disciplinary action for those found responsible for violating district policy, such as counseling, suspension, or expulsion.

The Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Harassment (HDSH) Liaison at each middle and high school can listen to students’ concerns, help students understand school policies and procedures, and provide information about options and next steps for support and accountability.

Social Workers are trained to provide safe, confidential support, generally on a short-term basis. They may discuss possible accommodations to ensure a safe learning environment, as well as help connect students to appropriate services (school administration, public safety resources, emotional support, mental health services, etc.).

Guidance counselors offer long-term support to students.

School Contacts